driver for DOS partition type disks, IDE interface, freeware
Download v. 0.98B
- Partition drive on PC, use on ST and
PC - easy file transfer
- handles up to 14 partitions on Master
and Slave attached drives. This is actually GEMDOS limit ( C-P ) .
- all FAT16 and FAT32 partitions on
drive in first 128GB accessible
or logical part's in extended or extendX partitions)
- Max FAT16 partition size is 2GB - for
autoboot partition 1GB - TOS 1.04-2.06 .
- XHDI support - may work with FAT32
partitions under Mint
- Autoboot on Atari from DOS partitioned
drives - easy and quick
install . Installer from floppy.
- Installer and runnable driver are with
autodetect of cable type (regular or twisted)
- Any partition may be selected to be C
(boot partition) by booting
- load different settings, OS from diverse partitions quick.
- Speed is about 350KB/sec with older
STs, 700KB/sec on STE and
newer ST machines (usage of blitter for transfer and byte-swap)
- With twisted cable speed is about
1300KB/sec without blitter and
up to 1800KB/sec with blitter (STE)
- Works practically with all modern IDE
drives, Compact Flash
- Config file for diverse settings as
Blitter usage, Write protect, Hole .
- Works on ST, STE, Mega ST, Mega STE,
- Needs BIGDOS.PRG for partitions over
- Works not with very old CHS
drives without LBA.
driver with Hole - then XHDI is off .
P. Putnik, Sept. 2010 .